Today I created the Main Menu of my game! This is definitely not the final version of the Main Menu. I just added a text object for the game title and a sprite created using GDevelop's built-in pixel editor for the play button. I also created 2 more buttons for "Play Again" and "Main Menu" to appear after winning or losing a game. Now the remaining tasks are adding the player's health, making a small tutorial to play the game, and finally polishing the game. Less than 5 days left!
Hello! Currently I'm using GDevelop for Game Development. It's the only game engine I know. Recently I've been researching about other game engines/frameworks because I want to try out some other options. The reason is there might be a better one than GDevelop that suits me. I decided to learn a game framework instead of a game engine. When using a game framework, we have to write everything so I can improve my programming skills. Another reason I want to try a game engine is I want to participate in GitHub Game Off jam this year. I think creating something using only code is better for this game jam because we have to open source our project. Then I decided to learn LÖVE 2D . I started following a game development course on freeCodeCamp YouTube channel. I'll keep posting about my LÖVE 2D journey. 😊
Today I started working on apples. They should be created on the scene endlessly and they should be deleted after a certain amount of time. To create apples, a timer should be used. I added a condition to reset a timer every 3 seconds and an action to create an apple at a random position. Then I previewed the game. The apples filled the screen in seconds!! 😂 The problem was I didn't restart the timer after creating an apple. Today I couldn't figure out the way to delete the apples the way I want.
Comments
Post a Comment